Monday, February 4, 2008

Weekend Work

Some of you may know that in addition to teaching high school special education at Lodi High School , I also am an associate lecturer/facilitator for the UW-LaCrosse Masters in Education-Learning Community Program. There are satellite communities all over the state of Wisconsin. Currently, I facilitate the Kettle Moraine Learning Community Masters' degree program one weekend a month. My learners have entered their 3rd semester of a 4-semester program. This weekend all of the facilitators were required to attend the annual February Weekend Retreat in Madison. I choose to ease back into work and only attend Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning. Leaving Andy and Grant at home Friday night was tough, but once I was at the retreat, I quickly transformed from new mommy to facilitator. Saturday was a little bit easier to leave the guys at home.
By Sunday, the sleep deprivation got the best of me and I could not wait to get home to rest and hang out with the guys. (Maybe I over did it just a little bit...I did just give birth to Andy a little over 3-weeks ago.) :)
I did get to see the first quarter of the Super Bowl along with the commercials (the real reason I watch the Super Bowl), however, for the rest of the game I entered "Sleepville". My next class is the weekend of February 16-17, so hopefully, I will be stronger by then. Until then, I will continue to enjoy my maternity leave from LHS with Andy. Below are more photos:

Power to the people!

This is the life...

3 comments:

All About DK said...

Just stopped by to check up you. Great new pics!!

K :-)

Amy said...

I love the power to the people picture. Andy is looking so much more alert! Anne - don't forget to take it easy once in a while. We'll see you guys in a couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...

He is growing so fast! Beautiful and just TOO cute. He is so alert now. WOW. I can't wait to see you guys...which will be soon. Annie, you look awesome. I miss you all so much.
So it took me forever and a year to find the right REM cd but I did. Now I listen to it when I am driving to work. I am a proud AUNT. I love you guys, SUE